Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My father owned a Hilton Grand Vacation time share and is now

My father owned a Hilton Grand Vacation time share and is now deceased. The timeshare was not held in his trust, which I am the successor trustee and beneficiary of. I contacted HGV about transferring the timeshare to my name, but they said I have to go through probate court in Clark County Nevada in order to have the assets transferred to my name. I can use the timeshare being the executor/beneficiary but I cannot put it into my name so it can be sold or put into a trust of my own. Trying to find the best solution to accomplish this.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: Unfortunately, probate is the only way to go. Otherwise, you would not be able to transfer the property to your name or into your own trust. If your father's estate is very small, probate of his estate does not have to be lengthy and/or costly. For more information, click on the link below:

http://www.clarkcountycourts.us/ejdc/courts-and-judges/probate/probate.html