Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience

I need to check the legitimacy of Millennium Law Center in

I need to check the legitimacy of Millennium Law Center in Houston, Texas. They are offering to get me a loan modification and I am concerned that this may be fraudulent. They contacted me through the mail. I spoke with them directly and they are asking me to pay a large fee over a period of 4 months without much guarantee that they can actually modify the loan.

DearCustomer- We do not give business ratings from this website however the best reference is the Better Business Bureau and I have included their website below for your convenience. In general, a loan modification is up to the lender and most of the services can do little more than you can do on your own directly with the mortgage company. No one can promise that they will succeed in getting you a loan modification so all they can do is act as an intermediary. If you contact the Better business Bureau and there are no problems with the company then you will at least know that they are legitimate but do not rely on any promise that they will actually get you a modification and you could be spending your money for nothing. Here is the website for the BBB: