Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I made an offer on a HUD home in Virginia it was excepted the

I made an offer on a HUD home in Virginia it was excepted the Realtor misspelled the names on the contract so HUD made the contract void meanwhile the home is relisted and picked up before i can place my next bid. Can I sue?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question, but I'm certainly sorry for your trouble.

It's really odd that HUD didn't just allow an amendment to be made to the contract to correct the names. That's what USUALLY would happen.

Nevertheless, IF the realtor made a mistake which cost your contract to be void, which resulted in the loss of the property, then you would have grounds to sue your realtor for negligence. You could seek damages for the negligent acts of your agent. The agent should have errors and omissions insurance to cover any claim - - which means there's a good chance at recovery if you win your suit because there's insurance coverage that will pay the claim.