TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Have three questions all related to landscaping. We live in

Have three questions all related to landscaping. We live in a single family home but share a wall with our neighbors that separates the two patios.
1.We have a very large fir tree and it blowss needles onto the neighbors roof. They tell us we are responsible for hiring someone to get up on their roof and clean up the needles.
Are we?
2.We have a very large well mainteined pyrcantha hedge that grows along the wall to provide privacy, noise reduction, and keeps our dogs from having any interest in what goes on in their patio because you couldnt see thru it. Well, she trimmed her side of the wall and now holes are in the hedge cause you can see through it and the dogs bark when they can see into their patio. Prior to her trimming our hedge there was no proble,
3. We have a large palm tree and some of the frong are hanging over into her patio, she wants us to trim half the tree so that none of it is in her yard. It would probably kill the tree about 25 ft. high.. Need help and suggestions.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: 1.We have a very large fir tree and it blowss needles onto the neighbors roof. They tell us we are responsible for hiring someone to get up on their roof and clean up the needles.
Are we?
A: Not likely. It is just a result of nature. I presume you've done nothing negligent to cause damage to their property. Just the mere fact of having a tree that produces needles that blow in the wind is not negligent.

Q: 2.We have a very large well mainteined pyrcantha hedge that grows along the wall to provide privacy, noise reduction, and keeps our dogs from having any interest in what goes on in their patio because you couldnt see thru it. Well, she trimmed her side of the wall and now holes are in the hedge cause you can see through it and the dogs bark when they can see into their patio. Prior to her trimming our hedge there was no proble,
A: Your neighbor is allowed to trim the tree all the way to the property line. Accordingly, so long as she didn't go past the property line, then it was lawful even though there are now holes that allows you to see through.

Q: 3. We have a large palm tree and some of the frong are hanging over into her patio, she wants us to trim half the tree so that none of it is in her yard. It would probably kill the tree about 25 ft. high.. Need help and suggestions.
A: You have no obligation to trim the tree so that it does not overhang her property. She has the right to do that herself, however, though she could be held liable if she kills the tree. If it doesn't kill the tree, then she can trim it to the property line.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.