Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Had a tenant who move out of rental in October 2012 from a

Had a tenant who move out of rental in October 2012 from a Pa. apartment. He left personal belongings in a storage locker with my permission verbally till the end of April. He is not answering his phone or text. I have left numerous messages and text reminding him to vacate locker by the end of April 2013.My last message was that I was going to throw the items out by today. I got a response almost immediately from someone who said the individual no longer works for xxxx company or uses this phone. I have no email address or forwarding mail address. I need to dispose of his belongings! What is the best course of action to proceed?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Just last year, Pennsylvania enacted a law that requires the landlord to provide a tenant with 10 days notice to recover personal property or the landlord can dispose of the property at his/her discretion.

Here's a very good link that outlines the new law:

If you can't find the tenant, you can send the notice to the last known address or the forwarding address provided (if one was provided).