How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31217
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a tenant who move out of rental in October 2012 from a

This answer was rated:

Had a tenant who move out of rental in October 2012 from a Pa. apartment. He left personal belongings in a storage locker with my permission verbally till the end of April. He is not answering his phone or text. I have left numerous messages and text reminding him to vacate locker by the end of April 2013.My last message was that I was going to throw the items out by today. I got a response almost immediately from someone who said the individual no longer works for xxxx company or uses this phone. I have no email address or forwarding mail address. I need to dispose of his belongings! What is the best course of action to proceed?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.


Just last year, Pennsylvania enacted a law that requires the landlord to provide a tenant with 10 days notice to recover personal property or the landlord can dispose of the property at his/her discretion.


Here's a very good link that outlines the new law:


If you can't find the tenant, you can send the notice to the last known address or the forwarding address provided (if one was provided).

Roger and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions