Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hello, How do I get a copy of Township meeting bylaws? Also,

Hello, How do I get a copy of Township meeting bylaws? Also, what are the laws to closing a township road?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The clerk for the township board should have a copy available for public viewing and copying. Also, there should be a copy at the courthouse or town hall where their meetings are held.

As for closing a township road, these rules are not uniform and vary from township to township, and the bylaws should outline any road opening and closing provisions or procedures. Generally, a road can be closed by a petition of the citizens, or if the road has been abandoned/isn't used, or if it is in the public's best interest to close the road, etc., it can be done.

The most usual reason a road is closed is because it has been abandoned.