N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Is it legal for anyone to enter another persons name into

Is it legal for anyone to enter another person's name into a Grant Deed without 1) the person's knowledge or written consent, 2) including the person into the property's motgage loan, 3) full payment of the property's loan?
Re: Condo in Foreclosure in LA, CA.
Thanks for your time.
A deed is only effective upon delivery to the grantee, so adding a name onto an existing deed would not pass any title to the person whose name was added.

Usually a person cannot be added to a mortgage without consent of the lender, as again, adding a name onto an existing mortgage would not be legally effective in the situation you describe.

A foreclosure will affect anyone in possession of the property who is there by leave of the owner. If the owner loses possession of the property, his guests would also lose possession. Tenants with a bona fide rental agreement are given more time to vacate than the owner.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer!