rvlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  30+ years NYC R.E.litigation & closings; contract law professor.

in May 2012 I signed a lease to purchase agreement in Chewela

in May 2012 I signed a lease to purchase agreement in Chewela WA. I am the owner and live in OK. They have had one excuse after another not to pay from the beginning Now they say the taxes and insurance are my responsibility by law The contract says they are I am afraid they are trying to steal the property from under me. I intend to send a registered letter demanding all monies in arrears or its a breach They claim they owe nothing. Please help

Hi and welcome

First of all, you are correct. All transactions for the sale of land must be in writing to be enforceable. So no subsequent oral "agreements" are enforceable.

Send them a certified letter RRR telling them they are in breach of contract and demand all money owed. Sue them for breach of contract for the sale AND bring proceedings to evict them as tenants. You will eventually get a judgment and the marshal will put them out on the street if necessary.

Remember, this is not legal advice. Contact an attorney in your area. The best source is Martindale=Hubbell ( This is a reference guide we lawyers use to locate other attorneys by specialty and geographic location.......highly rated, not just a book where attorneys buy advertisements.

Please accept my answer and rate it 3. 4 or 5 so I can get credit for my answer.