Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Purchased a home 3 years ago by owner. Had inspection, found

Purchased a home 3 years ago by owner. Had inspection, found out inspector friend of owner, Roof is leaking (suppose to be new) inspector said good for 8 years. I want out! had to fix several things now roof and mold. Can I walk away?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

It's not likely that you can walk away, but it is possible that you can sue for the material misrepresentation, fraud and negligence. But, you only have 4 years to do so, so you would need to act fast.

You could sue for the misrepresentations made to you by the seller and inspector and seek the cost of repairs, plus any related damages - - including attorneys fees. The only way a court would likely allow you to recover your money and walk away would be if the damages were not repairable.

You should consider hiring an attorney in your area about pursuing this claim.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I call my Insurance company and work on trying to fix? didn't know roof was leaking and now have mold 1/2 way thru house.

Yes, you do need to file a claim and try to get the damage fixed as you have a duty to mitigate your damages by making repairs. You can seek your out of pocket expenses through your lawsuit.