Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

I received a judgement as the landlord in my favor for tenants

I received a judgement as the landlord in my favor for tenants to evict move out and pay 3 months back rent. tenants have moved out but have not paid back rent. what is my next step as a California landlord?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. As the prevailing party, you now serve a summons on the tenants for a debtor examination. This forces the tenants to meet you in court and answer questions under oath about their assets, which includes their full financial and personal information to ascertain their employer and the location of any property or bank accounts. Once you obtain that information in the court, you would ask the court to issue an order of garnishment/seizure in order to satisfy the judgment. The court will then issue the order and the clerk will have the forms to serve on the banks or the employer.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!