CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

Could you lay out for me the step by step process for an HOA

Could you lay out for me the step by step process for an HOA to levy a fine in the state of Nevada?

CalAttorney2 :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. While the procedure for levying fines is governed by the CC&Rs and State Statutes you have identified, this summary developed by Homeowners Association Services acts as a good step by step guideline to the process. If there are differences in your own CC&Rs, you will need to comply with those additional notice procedures (always defaulting in favor of the homeowner, e.g. additional notice, additional time for hearing, etc. as these are expected to comply with state statutes which are minimum notice requirements).

(The developer of the website is a private HOA management company, I have no affiliation with or interest in the company, but their statement of the procedure is clear and comprehensive, I am referring you to the site because I believe it is helpful for that purpose, I have no information regarding their services).

We are having trouble getting our management company to explain just what it's doing in the way of compliance. We are responsible for seeing to it that compliance is being done according to state laws. I will review the web site you sent me. It looks good. Thanks.

CalAttorney2 :

You are welcome, let me know if you have any further questions on this, compliance with collections and fines can be frustrating. Best regards, Bill.