Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Real Estate Attorney

From a credit score point of view, is it better to go thru

From a credit score point of view, is it better to go thru with a foreclosure or do a deed in lieu of foreclosure? Our home is an improperly repaired Chinese Dry Wall home and we have abandoned it for health reasons.
Wels Fargo Home Mortgage is proceeding with a foreclosure action in court on May 30.

Our credit scores are in the mid 700 range even with the foreclosure action listed with all 3 credit bureaus because our bills are always paid on time and have never had a late charge in over 30 years. We informed all 3 credit bureaus with proof that our home was not repaired properly or to building code and WFHM refused us any legal assistance against our builder, LENNAR.

We cannot do a short sale due to the defects in the house as we have been turned down by 3 well known real estate offices.

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

A deed in lieu is better from a credit score perspective.