Hello, I am happy to assist you today.
Did you use an attorney for this transaction?
The HOA has to establish their presence before the sale, and require you to agree to abide by the rules and by laws of the HOA at the closing. Otherwise, you are not legally bound to participate in the HOA.
You legally have a right to refuse to participate in the HOA because you never signed anything stating that you were going to agree to their rules and by laws.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.
· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.
· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.
· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.
· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!
· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.
· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.
To request me in the future, please start your question with "To KimberlyLaw".