KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

We have hired an attorney. He is $350 per hour. We told him

We have hired an attorney. He is $350 per hour. We told him to include in a agreement facts that pertain to receiving back up power and services from facilities that a development company was building. He did not include this in the agreement. We asked him to include the taxes on property in an agreement he did not. Now he is making amendments to the agreement and charging us $350 per hour to do so.
Is there a procedure we can take to question his charges? question his orginial work.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about your situation with your lawyer. I assume that when the agreement did not have all the relevant terms that you requested, that you did not sign it?

Yes, there is a procedure. You first confront the attorney directly in writing, explaining that the work that he did was not what you requested. You should demand that he complete the work as requested before you pay him any more money. And don't pay him for any work that he is replicating such as amending the agreement to include what you originally asked for. It's that simple.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.

Kimberly

· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.

· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.

· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.

· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!

· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.

· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.

To request me in the future, please start your question with "To KimberlyLaw".
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we did sign it as on the day of signing he had 5 different sets of papers many pages long spread all over the table. He was very unorganized in this we read them over but the focus was on are all he papers set there were 8 different papers to sign.

If there is not a set procedure to move on this fine

we will use common sense and approach his with our complaints. thanks

Ok, you really should have read the agreement before signing it. But at the same time, he should have gotten that agreement to you WAY before the signing so that you could review it and issue any requested changes to him. You shouldn't have to review it and sign it on the spot, especially if it is lengthy.

Yes, I would take this up with him directly. I would definitely put it in writing rather than call him, so that you have a record of your discussion.

Best of luck,
Kimberly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

You are welcome.
Take care