Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

What are the rules for eviction of RV trailers in a RV Park

Customer Question

What are the rules for eviction of RV trailers in a RV Park in ND.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you tell me the county in North Dakota?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Williams Co

In North Dakota this falls under Landlord Tenant Law. The rentals are not defined under Motel or Hotel Laws.

Do you have a rental agreement? Do you own the RV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We own the RV Park, the party never turned in the rental agreement, paid rent in March, not April, he sent a email saying he will leave in morning, not believing him. not sure what options I have, husband wants to just hook to trailer and pull off our property.

Thank you for the follow up information. Unfortunately tenant's have rights under North Dakota Law even when they are not paying rent and do not have a signed lease.

I do not want to see you or your husband face any potential liability under the circumstances.

Without a signed written lease he is considered a month to month tenant that is in default for failure to pay rent for April.

This a link for a free form to provide him notice that you are terminating his tenancy due to his failure to pay rent and that you are terminating your agreement with him

I am happy to walk your through the process if he fails to vacate the property. Would you like me to provide with you with procedure?
I wanted to follow up with you to see if your renter had moved out as he stated?