Real Estate Law
Ask a Real Estate Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.
· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.
· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.
· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.
· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!
· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.
· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.
"To KimberlyLaw", Thank you, in the Usury Laws, and this site, it read, "if not paid on time, can increase up to $10 and 10% a year. This is $.28 cents per day! This seems illegal. I have a copy of the original 40 year old bylaws, and the new bylaws also. I don't have 'tons' of extra time, but I have already received my letter that my dues are delinquent. If I tell them I am consulting with a lawyer can that 'legally' be enough to stall paying the bloated fees? I do not have this money at this time.
'"To KimberlyLawSo they can legally charge $.28 PER DAY? , (with the $20.00?). I mailed the check, and am thinking of putting a stop payment until I figure this out. Is there a limit to what they can legally add to the dues each day?
Short of painting my house pink, I have taken pictures of the areas not kept up by them, which is basically all they do. The do pool upkeep, but I am looking at dissolving them altogether. I know many who are very upset with the fees, and their 'powertrip.' I keep reading they can only add 10% fee a Year. not a DAY. True? FRUSTRATED!
They are very unreasonable. And cruel. One family put up a fence that wasn't 'like all the others', and she has a strong personality. They did not fight it. An older man put up a chain link fence, covered it with plants, and it back up against the UNMAINTAINED park, and they sued him and won. So, if I want to take them to small claims court, I need to get a recommended lawyer, and bring all my pictures, etc. ? They even send a monthly newsletter and never report on the break-ins..! Do all Board Members need to be part of the HOA? I know the person in charge does not live here?
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).