Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

If 2 individuals are buying a piece of real estate for recreational

Customer Question

If 2 individuals are buying a piece of real estate for recreational use; what would be the best way to title the property to best protect from liabilities?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. The two individuals would want to form an LLC and have the LLC purchase the property. The LLC is a limited liability entity which means that any debts and liabilities of the LLC, including accidents, would be solely the debts and liabilities of the LLC, and your personal assets would not be at risk of those debts and liabilities.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!