TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I BOUGHT A HOUSE THERE IS A PIECE OF LAND BEHIND IT DID NOT

I BOUGHT A HOUSE THERE IS A PIECE OF LAND BEHIND IT DID NOT KNOW THE LAND DIDNT GO WITH THE HOUSE WE FOUND OUT ORIGINAL OWNERS HAD A 99 YEAR LEASA OF SAID LAND WHICH IS NOT ON RECORD THE PUT TELAPHOLE WITH ELECTRIC ON THE PROPERTY A LEECH BED TO OUR SEPTIC ON THE PROPERTY WE HAVE MAINTAINED THE LAND FOR LAST 5 YEARS NOW BOROUGH IS TELLING US WE HAVE TO GET OFF THE LAND IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Did you get a survey before purchasing the property? If so, what does it state with regard to the land in question and the boundaries? Also, do you have title insurance? Last, did the prior owners indicate that you were purchasing the land in question, and what happened to their lease (i.e., was it not assumed by you)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no we had no survey. no title insurance.nothing was said about the land .i went to borough meeting they say no record of lease.the owner was chief of fire department so they didnt question it.

Hi again.

I'm truly sorry to say that it doesn't sound like you have any recourse. There was no survey, so you can't go after a bad surveyor. You don't have title insurance, so you can't make a title claim. And the seller made no false claims about the land, so it sounds like you simply made an incorrect assumption about the land in question. At this point, it doesn't sound like there is anybody to go after with regard to this issue.

I am truly sorry to give you this bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer. I do ask that you rate me based upon whether I answered your question, and not based upon whether the answer was good news or bad news. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!