Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

I need guidance on how to engage a PR attorney to engage a

I need guidance on how to engage a PR attorney to engage a dishonest landlord, one that owns a car dealership there and refused to deliver drinking and bathing water to the tenant for their first month, forcing the tenant to move out after only one month, and he has since refused to refund her the $500 deposit. I'm trying to help this woman not get taken advantage of, she's 62 years old and has no idea about how to defend herself, and I'm trying to help her. What chances are there of seeking and obtaining a refund of the deposit (on the grounds that the rental contract guaranteed a liveable and functional residence) and additional monies to cover the cost of having to engage legal assistance to force that outcome?

Hello, and thanks for submitting this question. The person can file
a suit under the Puerto Rico Rules of Civil procedures in the
MunicipalCourt where the debtor resides. Such rule provides
for a summary proceeding. The Court will notify the other party nature of the claim with a citation to appear for hearing. There must be at least 15 days notice given. Your friend can add the fees and costs for the breach of her lease agreement to the $500. Here is more information on the PR small claims court system:

Here is a website that will help you locate a PR attorney l

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.