Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  Mediator, part of the Ohio Save the Dream Foreclosure project

Short Sale: I sign a short sale contract and then it goes

Short Sale: I sign a short sale contract and then it goes to the bank but was not accepted by the bank yet. The bank has not done appraisal or even received paperwork from me on acceptance package. If I can now afford my mortgage can I stop the short sale and go for loan modification since the bank did not accept the agreement yet or even come up with a value for the home?

Thank you for choosing Jut Answer,

If they bank has not accepted (signed) the contract then the deal is not complete. You can indicate to the bank that you wish to rescind the offer of a short sale. Once the offer is signed then the contract is complete. The bank in waiting for the supporting documentation could decide not to agree to the short sale. You will need to contact as soon as possible. to let them know the offer of sale is withdrawn.

If you found this answer useful please press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.