Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

In Worthington,Mn--My waterline is leaking but not registering

In Worthington,Mn--My waterline is leaking but not registering through the meter(in our basement). Am I responsible for the fix or is the city responsible to the meter?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for the question.

Generally, the rule with all utilities is that the utility covers the "line side" and the customer is responsible for the "load side". This means that the utility handles the line to the meter (including the meter). Thus, if the leak is on the line side of the meter, it should be the city's responsibility.

Of course, there are always exceptions, and your local utility may be different, but this is the usual rule.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping for someone who knew the utility "rules" in Worthington, but this gave me the direction to proceed. I will give a positive. Thank you

Hi - I looked online for any policies for your particular city, but didn't find any. However, as I said, this is the norm for all utility companies.