Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate

IS THERE A MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE FORM FOR TEXAS HOA?

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

Here are samples management forms for a Texas HOA.Appendix J is for condos, Appendix K is for subdivisions.I think this is what you are looking for.If you have follow up please just ask.

RayAnswers :

If memory serves me here you were a subdivision with trailers so Appendix K sample would be what you would be looking for.

RayAnswers :

Here is the Section from the Texas Property Code it references.

RayAnswers :

This book here is a great resource.It is not a cheap book but your local library might have it for you.

RayAnswers :

If your HOA can afford it is has everything you would need for a Texas HOA.

RayAnswers :

Here is the subject index for this book so you can see what you would be getting.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link"so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

RayAnswers :

Thanks again for letting me help you.

RayAnswers :

Reference

RayAnswers :

Effective: September 1, 2009
Chapter 209. Texas Residential Property Owners Protection Act
§ 209.004. Management Certificates
A property owners' association shall record in each county in which any portion of the residential
subdivision is located a management certificate, signed and acknowledged by an officer
or the managing agent of the association, stating:
(1) the name of the subdivision;
(2) the name of the association;
(3) the recording data for the subdivision;
(4) the recording data for the declaration;
(5) the name and mailing address of the association;
(6) the name and mailing address of the person managing the association or the association's
designated representative; and
(7) other information the association considers appropriate.
(b) The property owners' association shall record an amended management certificate not later
than the 30th day after the date the association has notice of a change in any information in
the recorded certificate required by Subsection (a).
(c) Except as provided under Subsections (d) and (e), the property owners' association and its
officers, directors, employees, and agents are not subject to liability to any person for a delay
in recording or failure to record a management certificate, unless the delay or failure is wilful
V.T.C.A., PropertyCode § 209.004

RayAnswers :

Thanks again for letting me chat with you.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for letting me assist you and provide you the information you asked for.If you have any more follow up please just ask.