J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.
15393114

Hi I took out a $30,000 mortgage from a friend for a rental

Hi
I took out a $30,000 mortgage from a friend for a rental property. I will be paying the remainder of the mortgage off within a week (possibly today) as I plan to sell the property within 60days. I need to know what type of legal documentation I will need to have the Mortgagee sign and where the document needs to be filed (Recorder of Deeds??)

Thank you
XXXXX XXXXX
Pittsburgh PA
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 4 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You would need your friend to sign a mortgage lien release. You can google the phrase ("mortgage lien release pennsylvania") and find suitable examples that you can copy.

J.Hazelbaker :

Once signed, you would file with the Recorder in the county where the property is located.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

Customer: