David L
David L, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
11661736

I have 15 true or false law questions. you can answer them

Customer Question

I have 15 true or false law questions. you can answer them split into 3 groups of 5 to address as 3 questions
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  David L replied 2 years ago.

David L :

Hi. I'll give it a shot.

Customer:

1. A contract is discharged if both parties have perform their

contractual duties. _____

2. Once a party has delegated an obligation, he no longer

remains liable for proper performance. _____

3. In a contract, the value of the consideration given need not be

equal to the value of the consideration received. _____

4. The statute of frauds applies only to executory contracts. _____

5. Joe Employer made a one-time, sexually-tinged comment to Jane Secretary that made her feel uncomfortable, but did not suggest in any way that Jane had to submit to an unwelcome advance in order to keep her job or get promoted. Joe’s comment has created a hostile work environment that is actionable as sexual harassment. _____

6. A unilateral contract involves a promise by one party in return for the performance of a specific act by the other party. _____

7. For fraud to exist, a false statement or concealment of a

material fact must be made. _____

8. Full performance is not the same as substantial performance. _____

9. Assignments must be written. _____

10. The memorandum required by the statute of frauds must be

signed by both parties. _____

11. The offeror has the right to specify how an acceptance of an offer must be made. _____

12. A mentally ill person who has been determined incompetent by a

court remains liable for necessaries in quasi contract. _____

13. When money damages do not compensate adequately

for a loss, one remedy is for the injured party to sue for specific

performance. _____

14. An unconscionable agreement is one that will not be upheld

in court because it is too grossly unfair. _____

15. Acme Construction submitted a bid on a government contract. Acme’s competitor, Beta Construction, also submitted a bid on the same project. Beta advised the applicable governmental department that Acme had over 15 citations from various building departments for substandard work and provided proof of same. If Acme sued, Beta would be liable for defamation. _____

Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.
The expert you were working with is not on line. Is this a timed assignment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't really matter who answers it as long as the answers are correct.
I will send the expert a message. If he does not respond, I will answer your questions in 3 groups of 5
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok...but since your online and ready to answer... just go ahead and do so
1 true
2 false
3 true
4 true
5 false

Please open the next page and I will post 6 to 10
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How confident are you with the answers? and what do you mean "open the next page"
I am certain of my answers. I cannot guarantee that the system will mark them correct as unfortunately the computer-based test are not always correct what do you mean "open the next page"– I was referring to your instructions of "you can answer them split into 3 groups of 5 to address as 3 questions". Each accept requires its own page now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh ok... gotcha
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here are the next 56. A unilateral contract involves a promise by one party in return for the performance of a specific act by the other party. _____ 7. For fraud to exist, a false statement or concealment of a material fact must be made. _____ 8. Full performance is not the same as substantial performance. _____ 9. Assignments must be written. _____ 10. The memorandum required by the statute of frauds must be signed by both parties. _____
Expert:  David L replied 2 years ago.

Hi. David L back here. Sorry for the confusion. Weblaw and I will team up to finish the last ten questions for you. Better for you- you get validations of your answers from two separate experts. Here are the answers to questions 6-10:

6. True

7. True

8. True

9. False

10. False.

David L, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's fine with me. I am sending the next 5 questions. Also, I have a series of more questions to come if you want them after these true / false questions.Here are the next 5.11. The offeror has the right to specify how an acceptance of an offer must be made. _____ 12. A mentally ill person who has been determined incompetent by acourt remains liable for necessaries in quasi contract. _____ 13. When money damages do not compensate adequately for a loss, one remedy is for the injured party to sue for specificperformance. _____ 14. An unconscionable agreement is one that will not be upheld in court because it is too grossly unfair. _____ 15. Acme Construction submitted a bid on a government contract. Acme’s competitor, Beta Construction, also submitted a bid on the same project. Beta advised the applicable governmental department that Acme had over 15 citations from various building departments for substandard work and provided proof of same. If Acme sued, Beta would be liable for defamation. _____
Please let me know if these questions still need attention