Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322
Real Estate Law

Is Vacation owners group legit, or a scam

es and no. No in that this is not a scam where they take your money and run such as fake romance scams, fake job scams, or fake lottery scams.

Yes in that they promise to sell your time share, and already state that they may have a buyer. Sound familiar? However, they want money up front, or will. And once they get it, they can claim the buyer has "walked away," but that the fee up front is non-refundable. Good luck proving that the buyer ever existed in the first place! See here for an example:

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=17853

The company you mention has no BBB rating (red flag) and I would avoid anything that does not have an A minus or above.

Furthermore, most Attorney Generals do not pursue these sites due to heavy dockets for other matters. These sites operate with near-impunity, and they are scams in the word that they will take your money and you will never get it back, and what they promise will not materialize.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-elyJD/