JaxLaw
JaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  I work as an attorney in a firm for which 60% of our business is real estate.
9345660

How can I get my name off a title of a house that I had with

How can I get my name off a title of a house that I had with my ex-husband? There is a mortgage with his name only, I am not on the mortgage. The house has been sitting empty for close to 3 yrs. waiting for foreclosure, it is stuck in some kind of loop whole. My ex divorced me, we did not go to court no assets,or children were involved. The city is citing me for a expired pool permit because the pool was never finished. Am I responsible if my name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JaxLaw replied 5 years ago.

DISCLAIMER - This answer is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. The information provided is for educational purposes only. For specific advice regarding your situation, please consult a qualified attorney in your area.

An owner may quit claim deed their interest to the other owner in order to take their name of the title. If someone's name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage and they are not a guarantor, then they are not responsible for the mortgage. They are, however, responsible for the property taxes, property upkeep, etc.