Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I purchased a newly built house in 2009. The one year warranty

I purchased a newly built house in 2009. The one year warranty from the builder has run out and of course now I am having serious issues with the house. There has been a leak from the roof that creates a wet spot on the kitchen ceiling every time there is serious rainfall. from the time I purchased it until now the builders has been there to try and correct it at least 6 times. Usually they just say the made a few patches and paint over the spot on the ceiling. I have recently had to put several hundred dollars in to repairing the heat pumps outside because they lose freon and according to the repair company they said that the pumps were installed incorrectly. And on one side of my house the vinyl siding is practically melting off the house. It is so deformed now that I fear water will soon cause damage. The builder and siding company have told me that it is because of the reflection of the sun off my neighbors windows and told me to plant some trees. I have confronted the builder about all these issues and just get told that the 1 year warranty is up and there is nothing they can do. Can I go after the builder legally for all these issues? And if I do can I also recover all legal costs I incur doing so?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.

The fact that the warranty is up doesn't mean anything in terms of your right to sue. If the construction is faulty or negligent, you can sue.

I would recommend that you consult a local construction law attorney and have him/her sue the lender for the damages and cost of repairs. Also, if a bond was provided for the job, you need to put the surety on notice of the claim for deficient workmanship.