Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
If you have a copy of the lease agreement that you signed that shows that he is responsible for the pipe repair, make a copy of that section in the lease and attach it to a certified letter that you send to him that states the following:
(1) It the tenant's understanding that the LL issued an erroneous 60 day move out notice and that the LL has now retracted that notice;
(2) It is the tenant's understanding that the pipe repairs were due to XYZ reason and not due to any negligence on tenant's part;
(3) That under the lease agreement - clause XYZ, the LL is fully responsible for the repairs under the current circumstances;
(4) That tenant declines to pay for the repairs and is with in fully compliance with the lease terms and has not in any way breached the same;
(5) That the tenant believes and understands the foregoing points to be true and correct and that if the LL disputes any of these, he need to inform the tenant in writing with in 5 business days of his receipt of this letter.
If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT". Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.
Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.attorneysaccess.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/.
If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).