Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

If I want to Foreclose (in Maryland), how long do I have to

If I want to Foreclose (in Maryland), how long do I have to vacate the place??
Do I have to keep paying the condo-fee till the bank takes possesion, and does the bank take over the condo fee, once they are the owner???
After the bank puts up the condo for auction, and they dont sell it for the value of the mortage foreclosed, can the bank still try to bleed the difference out of me??
If yes is Bankrupcy a better choice??
Any other pitfalls that I need to know about???
I bought my condo for 99,900-- I owe still about 92,000.--, on the real-estate market it is values at 49,000.--.
Thank you Joseph Loeb, [email protected]

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

MD foreclosures typically take about 90 days from notice of default. Thee after you would have about 3weeks to vacate if an eviction action is filed.

You would be liable for the condo fees up until the time that your name is XXXXX XXXXX the title to the condo.

MD lenders have three years to file for a deficiency judgment. The amount is the balance of the loan in default after the foreclosure sale proceeds have been applied.

Bankruptcy is a better choice so that you are not on the hook for the negative balance. If they foreclose, your credit will take a hit anyways. So, you might as well file for BK.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.attorneysaccess.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".