How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an eviction notice was served and Land lord and tenant came

Resolved Question:

If an eviction notice was served and Land lord and tenant came up with an arrangement. Can the landlord evict the person whenever he feels like it or does it need to go back to court
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.



Can you please give us a little more background information so we can better assist you?


What was the new arrangement?


What does the written lease say in comparison?


What did each side give up in arriving at the new arrangement?


Was the new arrangement in writing or oral?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

in february i was six thousand dollars behind with the landlord due to a job loss and a judgement against my ex husband, and due to my name being on the lease i was responsible. He brought the constable to the house the first of february and we had an oral agreement that i would pay $3000.00 that month and would set up a payment plan with him each month. Last month due to a bank account freeze on a person on a joint account i fell behind again. The Landlord is upset and said that if he didn't get money he would have to see what happens. It was all oral except what i could give him money wise i would write down when and how much i could give him. My question is can he just have the constable come and ask me to leave being is has been 90 days since the last or do we have to go to the magistrate again. I know he spoke with the constable in february and said that as long as i complied with the schedule set it would be ok for me to stay.


Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Since there appears to have been a part performance of the new arrangement by both sides, the new arrangement appears to be a valid enforceable contract.


Under PA law, if a tenant is behind in the rent and has an oral lease with the landlord, the landlord needs to give only fifteen (15) days notice between April 1st and September 1st, but thirty (30) days notice between September 1st and April 1st.


If the tenant is not out of the property by the end of the eviction notice, the landlord must follow the procedure through the District Justice's office by filing a new complaint for possession.



If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Maverick and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions