LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

What is the distance to post no trespassing signs on a construction

What is the distance to post no trespassing signs on a construction site
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The applicable section of the Florida statute dealing with no trespassing signage requires the signs to be posted at the corners of the property and every 500 feet in between.

810.011"5""a" "Posted land" is that land upon which:

1. Signs are placed not more than 500 feet apart along, and at each corner of, the boundaries of the land, upon which signs there appears prominently, in letters of not less than 2 inches in height, the words "no trespassing" and in addition thereto the name of the owner, lessee, or occupant of said land. Said signs shall be placed along the boundary line of posted land in a manner and in such position as to be clearly noticeable from outside the boundary line; or

2.a. Conspicuous no trespassing notice is painted on trees or posts on the property, provided that the notice is:

"I" Painted in an international orange color and displaying the stenciled words "No Trespassing" in letters no less than 2 inches high and 1 inch wide either vertically or horizontally;

"II" Placed so that the bottom of the painted notice is not less than 3 feet from the ground or more than 5 feet from the ground; and

"III" Placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than 500 feet apart on agricultural land.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney
Experience: I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.