Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

how do i evict my ex-girlfriend from the home that i own i

how do i evict my ex-girlfriend from the home that i own? i live in lyndhurst, ohio. my name is XXXXX XXXXX deed to the house.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry that you are in this situation. Have you ever given her written notice to leave? If so, what happened?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, i have not.
Thank you for your patience.

What you should do is create a 30 day notice to quit the premises. This is a note that must give, in writing, formal notice that you are severing and canceling her rights to remain on your premises. Since she is a non-paying occupant, she is treated as a hold-over tenant that happens to be there month-to-month. As such one full month (30 days) is the notice required. Make sure to give her a copy or best yet, mail a copy via certified mail. Then once the 30 days are up, go to your local courthouse with a copy of the notice and file for a formal eviction petition. She will be served with a copy of the complaint and within a about 2 weeks or so you will be summoned to the courthouse for a formal hearing and a subsequent judgment. If she still fails to leave, give a copy of the judgment to the local sheriff's office who can forcibly compel her off the premises.

Good luck.