How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i evict my ex-girlfriend from the home that i own i

This answer was rated:

how do i evict my ex-girlfriend from the home that i own? i live in lyndhurst, ohio. my name is XXXXX XXXXX deed to the house.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry that you are in this situation. Have you ever given her written notice to leave? If so, what happened?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, i have not.
Thank you for your patience.

What you should do is create a 30 day notice to quit the premises. This is a note that must give, in writing, formal notice that you are severing and canceling her rights to remain on your premises. Since she is a non-paying occupant, she is treated as a hold-over tenant that happens to be there month-to-month. As such one full month (30 days) is the notice required. Make sure to give her a copy or best yet, mail a copy via certified mail. Then once the 30 days are up, go to your local courthouse with a copy of the notice and file for a formal eviction petition. She will be served with a copy of the complaint and within a about 2 weeks or so you will be summoned to the courthouse for a formal hearing and a subsequent judgment. If she still fails to leave, give a copy of the judgment to the local sheriff's office who can forcibly compel her off the premises.

Good luck.
Dimitry Esquire and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions