Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband and I are divorcing. I formed an llc a few months

My husband and I are divorcing. I formed an llc a few months ago for property we own together. I am the president of the llc, we are 50/50 on the ownership, and we are both members, but nothing of value has ever been "given" to the llc..in other words, there is no property or money held by the llc. Also, there was never an operating agreement of any kind. He has agreed to sign the llc over to me, but would I be better off closing the whole thing down or is there a way I can re-organize it and keep it ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.

If the LLC has no assets at this point, there's no need to close it down. Instead, you just need to have a corporate resolution written up stating that he is transferring all interest in the company to you.