Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

we live in an over 55 community in East Bridgewater, Ma which

Customer Question

we live in an over 55 community in East Bridgewater, Ma which consists of individual homes with small lots which are owned by the homeowners. It is considered an APRUD and we have an association and common land which includes a clubhouse, walking trials, a golf driving range and putting green. One of our residents is trying to refinance and after several months the bank, which I believe is in Rhode Island has requested a CCR and they are unable to tell us what that is. Is there such a form that we can complete to help him out. I am chairman of the Board of Trustees which is how I came upon this.Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation and am working on your answer now.

CC&Rs (Covenants Conditions and Restrictions) are typically resolutions passed by the Board. They are usually recorded with the local register of deed's office and touch and concern the land or all properties within the association's boundaries.

If you contact the local register of deed's office, they may have a copy of the association's CC&Rs, if any were recorded there.

Here is a link to sample CC&Rs:

Here is another link:

All the best to you.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.