Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

What wording should we use in a letter to Nationstar Mortgage

What wording should we use in a letter to Nationstar Mortgage pertaining to verification of their ownership of our mortgage?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.

I would recommend that you ask the current lender for a chain of custody for ownership of your loan from your original lender. They should be able to show you documentation of every transfer of your mortgage to it's current ownership by Nationstar.

You can file a lawsuit for an accounting to get this information if they don't provide it voluntarily.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should we send a copy of this request to the court on the existing claim?
No, you don't need to send a copy of the letter to the court, but if they refuse to provide such documentation, you should file a motion for an accounting with the court. The court should order this as the lender is required to prove it is the owner of the debt in order to proceed with the foreclosure.