Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer,Former Broker and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

MY SISTER AND I ARE ON THE DEED, SHE GOT MARRIED AND I WENT

MY SISTER AND I ARE ON THE DEED, SHE GOT MARRIED AND I WENT TO REFINANCE AND
THEY HAD TO PUT HER HUSBANDS NAME ON THE NEW DEED. WE WANT TO REMOVE
THEIR NAMES FROM THE DEED. IS THERE ANY SPECIAL WORDING THAT I HAVE TO PUT
ON THE DEED SO THAT THEY WILL NOT REASSES THE PROPERTY AND RAISE THE TAXS?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 3 years ago.
There is no way to stop a reassment. Each time property is transferred it must be reassessed. There is no language or special wording you can use to stop the government from reassessing the property or raising or lowering the taxes. The reassment would be based on current market levels for the area at the time of the transfer in ownership.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer,Former Broker and Just Answer Legal Mentor