Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer,Former Broker and Just Answer Legal Mentor

There was a mold problem that the seller fixed including fixing

There was a mold problem that the seller fixed including fixing the underlying moisture problem. There has been no recurrence of the problem. Does the history of the problem need to be disclosed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
The Missouri Revise Codes do not provide an answer to that question. All that Missouri code requires is as follows:

Missouri code: a seller's agent owes no duty to a buyer except to disclose adverse material facts that he knows about. He does not have to inspect the property or verify any statements made by an inspector or seller. This means that the real estate agent must disclose any or all information that is known to him, or which he should have known, but he has no responsibility to look for adverse information and inform you of it.
Again all the seller has to disclose is the existence of a material defect (the mold itself) but not necessarily the entire history.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.