Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of Landlord/Tenant & Purchase/Sale
10033880

If you purchase a mobile home that is outdated for need for

If you purchase a mobile home that is outdated for need for a registration, Is the purchase agreement, that has been witnessed and signed by both parties and notorised signify true ownership? Is the registration proof of ownership?

I would love to help you, but your question is really confusing to me.

So far, it sounds as though you bought a mobile with an expired registeration. Is that correct?

And is it a mobile that "lives" in a mobile home park, or is it a motor vehicle?

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to helping you - I appreciate that you are a return customer and "accepted" answers in the past.

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am purchasing a mobile home. Owner has only a sales contract to prove ownership. Registration not needed here in New York State for an 1983 home. She was unable to get a title, because owner and all of his heirs died before that happened. I want to know if my puchase will be legal and holding if we sign a sales contract and have it witnessed and notorized? Hope this helps.

Sure, it'll be legal, and it will serve as proof of purchase. You can even take a picture of the signing ceremony, in front of the home.

You can then apply for a lost title. (You didn't tell me whether it's a mobile home or motor home, so I'm guessing here that this applies): http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/regtitle.htm