How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of Landlord/Tenant & Purchase/Sale
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding a investment property that I have

Customer Question

I have a question regarding a investment property that I have with my ex business partner. I gave her 25000 to purchase the property and another 20000 to renovate that I have all the receipts for. The only problem is that she is on the title and the purchase agreement.

I have belief she is trying to sell it and not pay me my original investment plus half the profit we agreed to. I have all the receipts for the orignal 25K and receipts for the 20K for the reno work. My name is XXXXX XXXXX but I do not have a contract.

I can show past history because we have invested in properties for the past 3 years. If she decides to sell the property with out my knowledge and not pay me for anything can I file a claim after her
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.



Answer: Yes, if by "claim" you mean lawsuit, you would be able to file a lawsuit on this.


I'm happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please

"ACCEPT" my answer.


There can sometimes be a delay of an hour or more in between my followup answers because I may be helping other customers, conducting legal research, or taking a break. If we're writing late in the evening, I may need to get some sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


Bonuses of even a dollar are much appreciated and help support this site.



I REALLY appreciate FEEDBACK so that I can continuously improve!


All my best,


Jane Doe Deer


Jane Doe Deer and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So you saying if even if I am not on the title
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 6 years ago.

Certainly. For example, you may be able to argue breach of contract.


Now, you just asked whether you can "file a claim." Yes, you have enough to start a lawsuit.


Whether or not you can win will depend on a host of factors, such as, of course, all the facts; a review of the existing law; whether or not you have a competent attorney; the mood of juries...


Take care,