LawGirl
LawGirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am familiar with this area of law.
635143

I have a rental property, Tennants are behind in there rent,

I have a rental property, Tennants are behind in there rent, they were on a month to month lease which was not renew this month. I sent a letter to them on about the 19 of October. Letting them know i was not renewing there lease. They have made no effort to pay the back rent or move out. Can I give them a 3 day notice to vacate the property? Can I take position of the property and kick them out?

LawGirl :

You can issue a 3 day notice to vacate the property and if they fail to do so, you may start eviction proceedings.

LawGirl :

If you are planning to give them a 3 day notice personally, then you need to have a witness with you. Otherwise, you may consider sending the notice via certified mail return-receipt requested.

LawGirl :

JACUSTOMER-gxe5voh2- :

ok, should I have the constables deliver it or just mail it with return reciept to them.

LawGirl :

If you can have the constables deliver it and sign a document proving service, that would be a good idea.

LawGirl :

Otherwise you can send it certified mail with return-receipt.

JACUSTOMER-gxe5voh2- :

Excellent, thank you very much, That made my night.I was not sure if I had to wait 30 days or not. 3 days is good.

LawGirl :

Best of luck to you!

JACUSTOMER-gxe5voh2- :

Thank you have a good evening

LawGirl :

You too!