Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

How do I find out the actual foreclosure date for my home

How do I find out the actual foreclosure date for my home? The only documents I have are the Notice of Trustee's Sale. The auction date was 2/20/2008, but wouldn't the foreclosure date be prior to that? The reason I'm looking for this info is to see when I might qualify for an FHA loan. Thanks for your help.

Good morning. Actually the auction date is the foreclosure date. That is the date the sale on the courthouse steps takes place and would be the date from which to count your time period.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One final question...the house didn't sell at auction, it sold six months later, so is the auction date or the sale date the date of foreclosure?