N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

noise ordinance law in new castle county delaware--sec 22.02.007

Customer Question

noise ordinance law in new castle county delaware--sec 22.02.007 is noise ordinace law pertaining to animals. I live in a residential area that was built around a horse boarding center with their home on site.They contend that they are deemed a farm and therfore exempt from noise ordinace laws peratining to dogs barking for 6 hours straight through the night. Are they correct?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
Even assuming the neighbor really has a working farm, Section B(2)(d) of the ordinance provides:
For purposes of this Section the term "animals and birds" shall not include livestock or poultry which are raised or kept as part of a farm operation which is actively devoted to the production for sale of plants and animals useful to people.

A dog is not livestock so I believe that they are not correct.
lists lawyers by location in Delaware who handle disputes between neighboring landowners.

A letter from a local attorney might convince them to keep the dog quiet. Or you can call the police and ask that they be cited if the noise does not stop.

I hope this information is helpful.