How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31561
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, my mother transfered her house to my brother and I 10 yrs

This answer was rated:

hi, my mother transfered her house to my brother and I 10 yrs ago. My brother died 7yrs ago. He was married but widow is not interested in being half owner of real estate property. How can we transfer property to my name as sole ownership?

You can get your sister in law (and all of your brother's children - if any) to execute a quitclaim deed from her/them to you for the other 1/2 interest in the property. Also, an affidavit of heirship will have to be executed and attached to the deed (


Once the deed is executed, it must be filed with the land records clerk.


Roger and 7 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you