Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We file an answer to an eviction notice tomorrow morning.

We file an answer to an eviction notice tomorrow morning. If I retained a lawyer w/in the 1 week timeframe before the 2nd court date w/the judge, would he/she be able to help postpone the eviction? The house was sold back to the bank on May 26. We're still currently in the midst of trying to work out a loan mod between home advocate negoatiators, NACA, and Bank of America.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
It is not likely that the judge will postpone the eviction. However, if you are ordered to vacate the property, you can file an appeal and postpone the move-out date. However, in order to stay in the property, you'll have to post a bond set by the court.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need an attorney to file an appeal - that appeal being on my 2nd court date? Do you know a general average bond amount?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
I would recommend an attorney. The bond is usually 125% of the amount at issue.