Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I need to add myself as a defendant in a litigation court case

I need to add myself as a defendant in a litigation court case in VA. How do i do that? The clerk at the court said i just couldn't come up there and add my name to the case.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You can file a joinder in this action under Rule 18 of the rules of civil procedure: http://civilprocedure.uslegal.com/rules-of-civil-procedure/the-federal-rules-of-civil-procedure/rule-18-joinder-of-claims/

You will need to file a motion to be joined as a party to the action.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a form for this? Do i just go to the circuit court and ask them for this?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The Rules of Civil Procedure do not have a form. However, the clerk's office may have one - you'll just have to ask. If they don't, you can try to contact legal aid and get forms or help drafting a petition.