How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31527
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was forced to add my husband as owner (joint tenancy) in

Resolved Question:

I was forced to add my husband as owner (joint tenancy) in order to get a loan on property I owned prior to the marriage. We need give the property back to me so that I can return it to my revocable living trust, my children are heirs ( my husband is childless). Do we use one quitclaim form together as joint tenants giving the property to me? Can we record that and I quitclaim/record the property back into the trust on the same day?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

All you need to do is have your husband execute a quitclaim from him only to you for his interest in the property.


Then, you'll need to quitclaim the property from yourself back into the trust.


You can do this the same day. Just file the deed from him to you first.

Roger and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions