Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin

Can I build a movable fence (on wheels) that spans from totally on my property t

Can I build a movable fence (on wheels) that spans from totally on my property to where one end of the fence is on my property while most of the fence will be on an easement that I possess? The fence will hide my neighbors unsightly boat and snowmobile trailers. The trailers are on his property past the easement. Can he claim that the fence is blocking the easement although it is easily movable?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You are free to place the fence on your property--that is your right and so long as the fence is within the zoning limitation. However blocking the easement will not be permitted, even if the fence is movable--that must be open to him at all times.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/21/2010 at 3:42 AM EST