lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney with expertise in easements

what is the difference between a POA and an HOA community in

Customer Question

what is the difference between a POA and an HOA community in Florida
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.
I think your mistaken - I don't believe that there is a POA community. HOA stands for Home Owners Association for a community development.

A POA usually designates Power of Attorney - which can be revoked at will by the donor of such.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I live in a POA community in Summerfield Florida Stonecrest The Villages in Lady Lake are also a POA need more info or where to find it on the detailed difference between the two types of associations.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.
I'm going to opt out and maybe another expert will be able to assist you. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
There is no difference. HOA is home owners association and POA is property owners association. The same statute governs them both. A rose by any other name ....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why would one be called a POA? It is an older term for an HOA or do they think it is really different. I need to find it in writing stating a POA is the same as an HOA. Have there been any court cases etc. where I might find this in a legal document.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
They are nonprofit corporations. You can name it anything because it is just a name.