N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Tennessee Property Line/Boundaries. We have a common fence

Customer Question

Tennessee: Property Line/Boundaries. We have a common fence between our property and all our adjacent neighbors. One of our neighbors passed away in early 2009. A survey was done on the property shortly thereafter. The surveyor was very pleasant & confirmed the fence was/is the property line with the exception of 6in.x3ft or so behind our barn. Some new folks purchased the property about 6 months ago & literally from day ONE started cutting trees on the fence row to build a go cart track for their son. RUDE and disrespectful! But it's their property. When I got home from work this evening my son noticed some new fence posts & string. It was 10ft on my side of the fence! They cut down some of my trees, pulled the survey pins, ripped out the ground flags & tore the flags from the fence from the previous survey. I called the sheriff to document & then I went a pulled up all the fence posts and removed the string. What are my options now?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
To sue for trespassing on your property and cutting your trees and probably also to quiet title to the disputed strip that they apparently claim.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Tennessee real estate lawyers listed by location at

I hope this information is helpful.