JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years litigation experience including eminent domain and real estate disputes

how do i find out do i have any liens

how do i find out do i have any liens
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

Liens on real estate should be recorded in your local register of deeds office.

The best and quickest way is to visit your local register of deeds office and have them run your property through the computer. This should provide you with a quick summary of your property's status. For a more thorough and complete assessment you would want to hire an attorney to do a complete title search on your property and provide you with a history report. Title searches are usually not very expensive unless you want the attorney to draft an actual title opinion letter and/or provide title insurance.

Please reply if I can help further.

Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.